Management systems and certifications
The implementation of certified management systems by companies represents one of the increasing importance theme in recent years. The market today presents ethical visions and purchasing orientations that are increasingly profound and aware, and consumers require companies to guarantee compliance with some requirements, now perceived as minimum standards. Consequently, final producers and traders require suppliers of the entire upstream supply chain to provide these minimum standards, in a logic of “chain of guarantees” along the entire value chain.
Companies can therefore choose to adopt certified management systems: the company implements management systems to guarantee certain requirements and a third party entity is commissioned to initially evaluate these systems and implement subsequent periodic monitoring. If these checks are successful, the entity issues a “stamp” to certify that the management system guarantees compliance with the minimum requirements.
In addition to the most well-known certifications (for example in the field of quality, safety, environment), in recent times the pressure of the markets has led to the promotion of new specific certifications, such as those relating to the leather supply chain or food traceability.
The offer of C.G.S.
C.G.S., thanks to its thirty years of experience in this field, offers assistance to companies both for obtaining and for the periodic renewal of different types of certifications (including ISO 9001, ISO 14001 and EMAS, ISO 37001, ISO 45001, but also LWG and other specific certifications). The consulting offered by C.G.S. covers all the different activities of a certified management system. For example, C.G.S. can provide support for:
- carrying out an initial check-up and define the path for obtaining certification;
- supporting in the choice of the certifying entity and in relations with it and its auditors;
- implementation and updating of the context analysis and of the needs analysis;
- identifying the interested parties and implementation of the risk assessment;
- supporting the definition and updating of company policy;
- supporting the internal promotion of continuous improvement;
- contributing to the implementation and updating of manuals and the documentation system;
- contributing to the planning and conduct of internal and external audits.
If you are interested in finding out more about certifications or if you are interested in a certification not listed in the previous paragraphs, please contact us for an informal meeting. We will be happy to listen to you and try to help you.